Note: Some links in this post contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase. That’s actually one of the ways you make money blogging! Thanks for supporting my blogging dreams!
Other than getting engagement on a blog, the number one issue all new bloggers have is growing their subscribers list. I believe every blogger should start an email list right away even if they don’t have any freebies to offer. Why? Because you want to capture as many readers as possible. These are your future fans and potentially customers.
I won’t go into too much detail on the why and how of subscriber lists, but you can read more here:
5 Reasons Every Blogger Needs A Subscriber List
Set Up An Optin Form On Your Blog In 10 Minutes or Less
One Thing You Can Do That Guarantees People will Subscribe to your Email List before You Even Create One!
How to Create a Freebie for Your Blog
Once you’re all set up with multiple opt-in forms on your blog and an enticing freebie, you’re ready to start list building!
5 Super-Easy Ways To Grow Your List
Like with anything, it’s hard to do what you don’t know how to do. Once you learn what makes people opt-in, you’ll be able to grow your blog at a fairly quick pace.
- Set up automatic Direct Messages or Direct Tweets on Twitter – I use unfollowers.com to manage my Twitter account because they have the option to message or tweet anyone who follows you. I just simply set up my automated DMs (direct message) with a URL to my freebie. This has been a great passive way to grow my subscribers list by 2-3 people per day.
- Create a Facebook Group and require each participant to sign up for your freebie – I don’t personally do this but I’ve seen others do this with success. Create a Facebook group and require that each member join your email list prior to being accepted in the group. It’s much easier to grow a Facebook group than it is an email list. Use your Facebook group as a way to funnel people into your email list.
- See what other bloggers in your niche are offering and offer something similar or better – You definitely want to create something that people are going to want. Not only should you be validating your offers, you should check out other bloggers in your niche and offer similar (or better) products. If you know that blogger is a popular and well-known blogger, you know that their freebies are what people want!
- Offer your freebie in at least 5 different places – Sometimes people aren’t opting into your list because they just don’t see it. Definitely don’t crowd your blog with several different pop-ups because that will annoy them. But do make it as easy as possible for readers to subscribe. It is possible for you to grow your list in non-intrusive ways:
- Ask people to sign up for a PDF version or a checklist of your blog posts in your blog posts
- Offer a link to your freebies in your sidebar
- Use SumoMe’s doormat
- Use a HelloBar
- Make sure to put your freebies in the description of your social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Throw a challenge online where one of the requirements is to opt-in – This is how I’ve been able to grow my email list at a fairly quick pace. Challenges are usually 2-14 days and you usually have a set of rules for the participants to follow. If they follow through with your rules, they usually achieve some sort of goal. Through the camaraderie of the group and your guidance, participants are able to accomplish goals that they may not have been able to do on their own.
Bonus: Throw intriguing webinars
I have heard AMAZING things about webinars! Some successful bloggers attribute their entire success to throwing webinars. A webinar is just a live or pre-recorded presentation where you are teaching your audience about a particular topic or you’re interviewing someone (usually successful) that is pretty popular.
Not only are webinars great for growing your list, I hear that they are a super high-converting way to sell your products.
What do you think about these email building tactics? Do you have any of your own that are not on this list? Tell me in the comments below!
Thank you for reading day 15 of my blogging challenge! Make sure to post your article in the Facebook group and if you haven’t joined my blogging challenge yet and would like to be a part of it, check this out!
Please Pin Me